Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 20: Spills and Falls

February 3, 2011:  This morning when leaving my place, I stepped off the curb, directly on to a lovely patch of ice and completely ate it.  It happened just as another person walked by.  He asked if I was okay and I shyly said yes,  worried that perhaps he caught it on his camera phone and now it's circulating on youtube.  Either way, the fall was more embarrassing than painful.  You can see that I scrapped up my knee a little bit (right on top of my beautiful ACL Surgery #1 scar).  Later in the day, I went to Crossfit to battle with Cindy once again (Cindy is a cross fit work out consisting of rounds of 5 pull ups, 10 pushups and 15 squats for as many rounds you can do).  This time we had to do the whole lovely 20 minutes of it.  And right at the end, at minute 18 and some change, while I was trying to get off the damn plyo box that I was jumping off to do my 12th set of  jump pull ups,  to the floor to do my 12th set of 10  push ups, I fell again.  Caught my foot, lost my balance and body planted the floor.  Awesome.  (PS.  No comments on the lack of color in my leg, the ashiness of my leg, the roughness of my skin, etc.)

1 comment:

  1. i will comment on the ashiness -ummm lotion much? No excuse! lol. love ya, lady!

    ReplyDelete